Wednesday, September 19, 2012

10,000 Reasons

I have so much yet to say and will post more soon.  For now, I want to share a song that was Derrick's and my anthem from early after Mia's death.  On the drive home, Derrick asked me, "Have you heard this song before?"  I think I may have heard it without much thought before, but Matt Redman's "10,000 Reasons" was the song of our heart for those several raw months afterwards.

The line that resounds most with me was, "Let me be singing when the evening comes."  Hanging on through each enormous day has seemed like a major feat.  Not only hanging on, but praising God throughout each long day.

Today during Bible Study, our leader shared part of my story and posted a picture of my three beautiful children up in front of the audience.  I was wondering how I made it through singing this song before her speech.  Now I know for sure that God gave me the strength to make it through singing this song for the first time and to listen to someone talk about our trial.  Thank You, Lord, for your peace and strength when I most needed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment